Trying something new here because I’m lazy. Just the briefest of thoughts on all the comic books I read each week. So here goes…
DOOM PATROL #2
Synopsis in a Sentence: Cliff gets a new robot body and Larry hatches three positivity eggs from his chest and Lotion eats one and the gang prevent a couple planets from getting divorced. (Yeah, it’s a run-on sentence, but you try summing up this book briefly.)
- This book is so bizarre, but there are enough fun moments to keep me interested
- I really need to pick up the previous run
- I really need to read Way’s Umbrella Academy
- I love the two-page spread of Danny Land
- I also love Cliff’s level-up ability after performing acts of kindness
THE GREEN LANTERN #10
Synopsis in a Sentence: Multiversal Green Lanterns must team together to fix a rift… I think….
- This book is so bizarre, but not in a fun Doom Patrol way
- This issue makes me want to drop Green Lantern
- What the fuck is going on in this book?
- The art is still good I guess
- The issues of this run that have been weird but accessible are being heavily outweighed by ones that slap the reader in the face for not knowing obscure DC history
- I liked the Living Lantern lady (who after somewhat extensive searching I found out is the Tangent Lantern, and is either a different universe’s Lois Lane, Zatanna, or neither, I think.)
- I don’t want to have to look up multiple characters, events, or places to enjoy a comic book- sorry
INVISIBLE WOMAN #2
Synopsis in a Sentence: Sue and Nat chase down leads to Tintreach’s whereabouts in the slums of Madripoor.
- Still digging the art style, though a couple spots were wonky
- The Raiders of the Lost Ark drinking game homage was pretty lame, especially the way Sue “won”
- Otherwise I did like seeing Invisible Woman’s uses of her powers, notably turning parts of a building invisible to tail a baddie
- Black Widow is so badass
- Spoilers- Tintreach had a wife all along. That’s the cliffhanger.
SPACE BANDITS #2
Synopsis in a Sentence: Our two anti-heroines bust out of prison by stealing others’ escape plan and set out to get their bloody revenge on those that wronged them.
- Not as fun as the first issue
- Felt a little generic- hopefully the revenge stuff picks things up
- OK art, but the colors steal the show
- Seems to be moving really fast, and I’m not sure that’s a good thing
HOUSE OF X #2
Synopsis in a Sentence: “The many lives of Moira X” shape the possible futures of mutantkind.
- This is the Hickman-iest X book yet, and if you’re a fan of his that’s a good thing
- As a Hickman fan, I’m a sucker for the Moira timelines pages
- I can see how the two artless pages of exposition at the beginning would turn some people off
- Resurrection would be a cool power, but it might get maddening
- I’ve enjoyed the two House books far more than the one Powers book I’ve read
Synopsis in a Sentence: After much soul searching, Matt finds reason again to dawn a mask and fight for the downtrodden.
- Did you know Matt is Catholic?
- I really miss the art from the first arc
- Why is the nun way more attractive than Matt’s love interest?
- Cool seeing Reed Richards- does he know Matt is Daredevil though?