Synopsis in a Sentence: Ricky Lawless gets restless and reckless.
- Just another stellar issue from Brubaker and Phillips
- My one complaint- wish there was a character and/or recap page like in The Fade Out
- I love these flawed characters and their interactions with one another
- If you want to get into comics but aren’t a fan of superheroes, pick up anything this team is doing at the time and you won’t be disappointed
Synopsis in a Sentence: “Daredevil” saves North from being murdered by his fellow officers.
- Vast improvement on the art from the last few issues
- The onemonepnoeia lettering wasn’t great. Yeah, I’m bitching about lettering.
- Matt’s guilt over sleeping with a married woman may be moot, as it looks like Mindy may go back to her husband. Which is probably a good thing since Elektra shows up at the end.
- Will North get off Daredevil’s ass now that Matt saved him and is going to take the heat from the failed murder attempt on him?
- Matt’s client knows he’s Daredevil now. Who killed his brother. Methinks it could be an issue.
- Will Spider-man show up for a brawl with DD like next month’s cover art suggests?
POWERS OF X #3
Synopsis in a Sentence: The Year 100 X-Men battle Nimrod to smuggle info to the past to prevent this timeline.
- This is my favorite Powers issue, I think mostly because it focused on one timeline instead of jumping between four
- Hickman found a way to do time travel (which I love anyway) without doing time travel- suck it haters!
- The end was tragic but also such a cool moment. It made me rethink Wolverine and how hard being the best there is at what he does must be for him sometimes.
- I’m really glad Marvel is putting this series out every week, and I’ll be sad to see it end